Hi drifters! We’ve got an exciting winter schedule coming up for you, starting with the kickoff of our 2013/14 winter competition series. Previously known as SuperAM, the competition will feature the same format as previous years, but with a few changes to add to the overall goal… to have fun!
Stuff we’re getting rid of from previous years:
- Beginner rule: The competition used to be restricted to beginners with less than 2 previous competitions under their belts, but is now open to anyone who wants to compete.
- ProAM prize: Sorry! We will no longer be offering a free year of entries to ProAM as a prize.
Stuff we’re adding for this year’s competition
- Awesome prizes from sponsors like M7 Energy Drink, DNA Motoring, and Performance Options. Details TBA!
- Fun after-comp games like Pinata Smash, 360 Challenge, E-brake Parking, Cone Punting, and more.
- Old school NorCal drifting judges who will tell you LIKE IT IS!
Each event weekend will consist of an Open Practice Saturday and a Competition Sunday. The schedule is as follows:
• Saturday October 26th – Skidpad – Open Practice
• Sunday October 27th – Skidpad – Competition #1
• Saturday November 23rd – Skidpad – Open Practice
• Sunday November 24th – Skidpad – Competition #2
• Saturday December 28th – FULL TRACK DRIFT
• Sunday December 29th – Skidpad – Competition #3
Car and Driver requirements for all events are simple. No leaks! Car must have battery tie-down and stock or better safety equipment. No open-toe shoes, no sleeveless shirts, drivers must have SNELL 2005 or newer helmet.
Registration for the Competitions and the Open Practice events are up on our reg page! CLICK HERE!
Be sure to complete the registration form, then the PayPal!
Ladies and Gents, we’re proud to announce the return of Rally-X to Thunderhill Raceway. We haven’t held a Rally-X since 2007, and we figured it would be great fun to spend a weekend inhaling dust instead of just tire smoke. We are only running this ONE WEEKEND, so don’t hesitate! Come out and join us. The event works similarly to Auto-X, where drivers volunteer course-work one session, and drive in another session to help us provide you with an ultra-low entry fee. Bring your beater, your drift car, your pro rally car, or even your Mom’s FWD economy car out and battle for fastest time in your class on a 100% dirt course at Thunderhill Raceway. For details including schedule, safety requirements, car classifications, etc, click the “read more” button now!
Ladies and Gents! Our final round of the 2012/13 SuperAM series is happening on Sunday March 17th! Come watch the 16 finalists go head to head in a tandem elimination battle that will crown a champion, and award one dedicated driver with free entry to every round of the 2013 GGD ProAM series. EXCITEMENT!
Also, check out our schedule page for lots of open skidpad drifting opportunities! We’re running an open practice day on Saturday March 16th, and one weekend a month for the rest of 2013! Come on out and have some fun. Registration is open at http://thunderdrift.com/register-to-drive/
If you have any questions that you can’t find answers to on our site, please don’t hesitate to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Car & Driver and Popular Mechanics recently featured Vaughn Gittin Jr. in a video from their series called “How’d They Do That?” and it was so good we decided to share it with you. If you or anyone you know has any questions about what drifting is, this video contains the answer. Take it away, JR!